Tuesday, September 13, 2016

For the Lord has chosen Zion, he has desired it for his dwelling, saying, "This is my resting place for ever and ever; here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it. I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor I will satisfy with food. I will clothe her priests with salvation, and her faithful people will ever sing for joy.

Psalm 132

For the Lord has chosen Zion, he has desired it for his dwelling, saying,  "This is my resting place for ever and ever; here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.  I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor I will satisfy with food. I will clothe her priests with salvation, and her faithful people will ever sing for joy. v13-16

God makes numerous promises to His children and He always keeps His promises (Luke 1:37) so it is encouraging when He tells us how we will bless us.  I love talking and listening to God...don't You?

Of course we should expect Jesus' return and be ready - see here (Parable of Virgins) and here (Matthew 24). 

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God, full of love and blessing for us...and You promise life to the full - and You always come through!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am weak and I get angry to quickly...I worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.