Wednesday, September 14, 2016

How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!

Psalm 133

How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! v1

God wants us to live in peace and in particular the church - I suspect there are several reasons for this, including His desire that we have "all the wood behind the arrow" in terms God's command that we bring others to Him via the Great Commission (Matthew 28).  He does not want us to appear divided so as to distract non-believers from the Good News of Jesus Christ.  We will be more focused and less divided.  We should also be more efficient because each of us has a unique gifting from God and we are to bring these gifts together in the church like the parts of a body - see also 1 Corinthians 12.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and You love all of Your children.  You want all of Your children to come to You to be with You in Heaven and to have life to the full.  I do feel like I have life to the full - You bless me beyond what I deserve.  I am selfish, and I worry too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.