Monday, October 10, 2016

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.

Psalm 149

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. v4

Humility is very important - we must not allow our plans, our desires, our selfishness, or our ambition to be what people see in us.  We must deny ourselves and allow Jesus to be seen in us - others must see in us the Light that is Jesus Christ.

Also key to this verse is that we race for crown that is not of this world - we should strive for glory and victory for Jesus.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Jesus, please help me be humble so that I can run the race You set before me and run it to win the crown that lasts forever. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love, compassion, patience, etc. for me, even though I am not deserving. Thank You Jesus for Your love and great mercy.  I often fail to love others as You do.   Please forgive me and help me overcome my lack of trust and faith.  Help me overcome my unbelief!  Help me turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.