Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

Psalm 145

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. v18

We all need God (Romans 3:23) and we should all develop a desire to be close to Him, under His care and protection.  God provides for all of our needs (Hebrews 1:3) and He has a plan for us, not to harm us but to prosper us, for hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).  We just need to call on Him - to be our Savior, to forgive our sins, to answer our prayers and shoulder our burdens...for everything.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  That You are near to me when I call - I know this!  Thank You Jesus.  I need You desperately because I am broken without You.  I worry, I am full of anger, selfishness, etc.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.