Friday, October 28, 2016

My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. v20-23

Proverbs 4

My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. v20-23

So far, what I have been reading and studying in Proverbs has focused on the blessings that flow from our desire to gain God's wisdom - to get to know Him better and to "be transformed by the renewing of the mind" (Romans 12:2). This morning the focus is on how God's word must be in our heart because "everything you do flows from it"The question is how do we get the word in our heart?  We start with a "hunger and thirst for righteousness" (Matthew 5:6).  We go to God daily, and meditate on God's words day and night.

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9

My Prayer: What a God You are!  You were before and created all things, are in all things and hold all things together.  You protect me, You save me, and You continue to be full of mercy, compassion, patience, etc. for me even though I know I am undeserving!  Thank You Jesus for Your love and the many blessings You pour out for me.  Please forgive me for my lack of grace and patience for others.  Help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.