Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A sluggard’s appetite is never filled, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.

Proverbs 13

A sluggard’s appetite is never filled, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied. v4


The dictionary defines a sluggard as "a habitually lazy person".  God does not want us to be lazy but instead to make the most of every opportunity we have.

He who gathers crops in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son. Proverbs 10:5

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16
 
We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. Hebrews 6:12

Part of this is to use all of the gifts and abilities we have - glorify God in all that we do.  See also this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an incredible God You are that You are so full of mercy, grace, compassion, and patience!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I am often lazy, neglecting my gifts or just being downright lazy.  Please forgive me!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.