Tuesday, November 29, 2016

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.

Proverbs 16

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. v9

As I posted yesterday (and previously), God is in control, has ordained all of my days (Psalm 139) and does not plan to harm me but to prosper me (Jeremiah 29).  I know God loves me and I desire to honor him and to offer my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to Him (Romans 12).  If I draw near to Him, He will draw near to me (James 4).  When I draw near to Him and focus on renewing of the mind, my hope and prayer is that I "may discern what is the will of God" (Romans 12).  

Lord, PLEASE direct my steps!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  I know I experience all good and perfect gifts because of You.  You bless me beyond what I deserve.  Thank You Jesus but please forgive me for my laziness and desire for comfort.   Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin..and lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.