Thursday, November 17, 2016

Whoever disregards discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored

Proverbs 13

Whoever disregards discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored. v18

Punishment and discipline are often difficult to take - yet we must accept the consequences of our sin and understand that God is ALWAYS molding us by removing impurities.

Because God is all knowing, He is perfectly fair.

He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity. Psalm 9:8

We should not fear discipline or punishment - God does not stop loving us. In fact, He disciplines us BECAUSE He loves us.


My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Proverbs 3:11-12
 
"My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Hebrews 12:5-6
 
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Revelation 3:19

 We must also understand that God's word often reveals our heart condition as God's word is flawless (Proverbs 30:5), and it serves to both rebuke and train us on our journey to be transformed (Romans 12:2) and be more like Him.

 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

My Prayer: What a great God You are!  I am so blessed to have a God who is so patient with me and whose discipline and punishment is with and from love.  Thank You Jesus!  I know You love me yet I also I am undeserving of such love.  I am lazy and harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin..and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.