Thursday, November 10, 2016

Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.

Proverbs 11

Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. v4

It is tempting to place my hope and satisfaction in wealth yet I know from experience God is in control and that whatever wealth we have does not belong to us and that we are to be good stewards of what we have and to use it for God's glory.  I also know that because all wealth belongs to God it can be taken away.  I have seen this in my own life and in the life of others, including faithful believers.  Our hope and satisfaction should be in God alone.

You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. (Deuteronomy 8:17-18)

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. 1 Timothy 6:10

 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:19-21


Israel, put your hope in the Lordfor with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.  He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins. Psalm 130:7-8
 
Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure. Psalm 39:5
 
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure Hebrews 6:19

My Prayer: Lord, You are my hope...the anchor for my soul.  I know You will be with me until the end of the age.  You are so patient and full of compassion and mercy for me...thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and efforts.  I continue to worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.