Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.

Proverbs 14

Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly. v29

God commands us to love Him with all of our heart, soul, and mind (Exodus 20, Matthew 22).  He provides His Word, the church, brothers and sisters in Christ, and the Holy Spirit.  

The promises of abiding in Christ are many, including the fruits of the Spirit.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23

God wants us to love others as He loves us (John 13:34-35)...and He slow to anger and abounding in love...so we are to be patient with others.  My patience must extent to Zach and Dustin where their growth is a longer term process - trust in God is key.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE a great God slow to anger and abounding in love.  I experience Your love - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love because I often fail to love as You do.  Forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and lead Zach and Dustin to Christ...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.