Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning a person from the snares of death.

Proverbs 14

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning a person from the snares of death. v27

We all want to lead a good life but the the world defines a good life in a way that leads to the snares of death.

Fear of the Lord starts with humility, recognition that we all need a savior, and a desire for Jesus.

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.  Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:3-6

We must lose ourselves, seek an identity in Christ, and serve Him and others for His glory.

Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45

Jesus also comes to free us from the sting of sin and death and to provide life "to the full":

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 

My Prayer:  Lord, what a great God You are - You suffered and died on the cross then rose again and came to save me from the sting of sin and death to provide life to the full!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such efforts and love.  I am impatient, lazy, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.