Friday, November 25, 2016

The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 15

The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit. v4

Building on what I posted yesterday, the scripture today also focuses on how use of words when speaking can either build or encourage others or tear them down.  I know for myself that I have too often done the latter.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up[.] Thessalonians 5:11

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are.  You are the Word and the Word is God, and Your Word is encouraging - it is light.  Your word is a lamp unto my feet. Thank You Jesus!  I cannot walk without You.  Yet I often am not a light unto others and I tear people down.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and lead them to You to be their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.