Monday, November 7, 2016

He who gathers crops in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.

Proverbs 10

He who gathers crops in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son. v5

We all have a job to do.  Our most important job is to tell others about Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20).  We also all have spiritual gifts and talents and God expects us to use these gifts for our glory.

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters[.] Colossians 3:23

We should not be lazy with our time, treasure or talents - see also the Parable of the Talents.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  You provide and You provide abundantly - Thank You Jesus but I am not worth such blessings.  I worry too much and I am often lazy not using my gifts or working to glorify You.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.