Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 16

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. v18

One of my biggest sins is arrogance, and pride is often not that far behind.  Yet through my Lord Jesus Christ I know that for those that deny themselves "the last shall be first".


Better to be lowly in spirit along with the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud. v19

"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23, Matthew 16:24


 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.” Matthew 20:16

"Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.” Luke 13:30

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, You are above all and reign forever.  You have ordained all of the days of my life and You hold all things together.  You are full of patience, compassion, mercy, etc. for me...thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am full of arrogance and pride.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin and lead Zach and Dustin to You so that You become their Lord and Savior.  Help me be humble and put You before all others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.