Thursday, December 1, 2016

Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one who takes a city.

Proverbs 16

Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one who takes a city. v32

With arrogance as one of my most difficult struggles, impatience often results as well.  I often communicate my displeasure with someone's words or actions out of arrogance - that my view/actions are more important than someone else's.  Yet Solomon's words here are encouraging for me as I strive to be humble and to be more patient.

With the help of prayer, my brothers and sisters in Christ and the Holy Spirit, I can overcome such sin.  After all, self-control is a fruit of the Spirit.


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

Also, I am comforted in knowing that God is in control (Colossians 1:17) and that His thoughts and ways are not our ways...that His thoughts are ways are PERFECT!


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8           


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  Your thoughts and ways are perfect for I have seen the fruits of Your labor in the world and in my life.  Thank You for the many blessings You provide.  My cup overflows.  I am not worth such love and blessings because I am impatient and full of arrogance.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and have them choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You and my family and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.