Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered.

Proverbs 17

The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered. v27

I have studied much lately, particularly in Proverbs, on how use of words is important in our relationships.  This morning the focus is on how important it is is use words with restraint and to be quiet and listen.  Too often I react quickly to what people have to say rather than listening and understanding.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. James 1:19-20

Lord Jesus, help me become more even-tempered and to use words with restraint.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are that You are full of patience, restraint, compassion, mercy, etc. for me...even though I know I am quite not deserving!  Please forgive me for my anger and my harshness towards others.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and that they accept You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family and serve You and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.