Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 19

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. v21

I have posted many times on the subject of my own plans and of human plans - vs those of God.  The bottom line is that we exist to glorify God and although God may allow us to pursue our selfish desires, it is His plan that always prevails.  We must know and submit to God's plan for our lives (Romans 12:2).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  You have blessed me well beyond what I deserve and You have saved me from wretched places and even from the ultimate consequences of my own sin!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such efforts.  I am lazy.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal her from her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for You to be their Lord and Savior by choice.  Help me lead and serve my family and You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.