Thursday, December 22, 2016

Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.

Proverbs 21

Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity. v23

We are to love and encourage one another.  Solomon warns us that otherwise we are to experience calamity...this is true as I have experienced this myself far too many times.  Thank You Jesus for Your great mercies.

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. Hebrews 3:13-14

See other posts here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are! You are so full of love, mercy, compassion, kindness, patience, etc.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such efforts.  I continue to be harsh with my words...please forgive me!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Help me use words to encourage others and not tear them down.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and the side effects of chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and that they choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family and serve You and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.