Monday, December 5, 2016

Why should fools have money in hand to buy wisdom, when they are not able to understand it?

Proverbs 17

Why should fools have money in hand to buy wisdom, when they are not able to understand it? v16

One of the key themes of Solomon in Proverbs is the importance of wisdom and most importantly wisdom that comes from God.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7

Proverbs 1 is filled with many wise sayings as received from God.  In 2 Chronicles 1, God grants Solomon whatever he wishes for and God is pleased that Solomon chooses wisdom (as ordained by God) above earthly possessions.  God wants us to love Him first and He promises that for those that hunger and thirst for righteousness they will be filled (Matthew 5:6). 

The subject of wisdom and God as a priority is an important consideration right now as Zach grows into his high school years.  I don't want to fret about his career success but instead want to focus on his relationship with Jesus as I believe his career success - as do all things during our time here - hinge on making God a priority, just as David and Solomon did (at least for part of their lives).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  You are truth, wisdom, and life...and life to the full!  You have blessed me beyond what I deserve...thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus.  I am impatient and harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You and have them choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and and serve my family and serve You and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.