Friday, December 2, 2016

The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart.

Proverbs 17

The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart. v3

God created us and did so for a reason and all the days of our lives are ordained by Him (Psalm 139) for His glory and purpose.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

God is always molding us and preparing us for our next tasks.  

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

So, gold and silver are refined through the crucible, God refines us...we must be aware of how God is preparing us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  You are there always for me, full of compassion, mercy, patience, encouragement, training, wisdom, etc.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I continue to lack patience and am quick to anger and slow to listen.  Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Help me be aware of how You are training me.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You and that they choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve and lead my family and serve You and the church.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.