Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered.

Proverbs 21

Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered. v13

Jesus came to served, not to be served (Matthew 20) so we are to serve.  Plus, Jesus created us for His glory, not to serve our own desires.

As part of our efforts to serve, we are to serve the poor and the least of these (see also posts here).

My Prayer: Jesus, You are a great God, generous, abounding in love and compassion and mercy for me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such blessings.  I am often harsh with others and I also gossip or speak badly of others.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects of chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus so they choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.