Thursday, December 15, 2016

The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Proverbs 19

The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble. v23

God is in control (Colossians 1), He is all knowing and we should fear Him - out of a loving respect for who He is and what He has done for us.  Whatever trouble we may encounter, God is with us and He is our shield.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

I know God is with me.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are...You know everything about me yet You love me and suffered and died for me.  You never leave me.  Thank You Jesus.  This gives me a peace that I hope protects from the sting of trouble, sin and death.  I am not worth such love.  I worry too much among my many sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome these sins and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me lead and serve my family and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.