Thursday, December 8, 2016

The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it a wall too high to scale.

Proverbs 18

The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it a wall too high to scale. v11

This world teaches us that money provides security.  Yet wealth comes from God and belongs to Him.  See the story of Ananias and Sephira - who are struck down by God for withholding money from God (money that belongs to Him!).  We are entrusted with money, and should be good stewards of such money, but we should not cling to it too tightly.  We must be cheerful givers.


Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are - You provide and we don't need to worry.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I know I am not the man You intend for me.  I too often think of my own needs and desires above You and others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind. Help me love others as You love me.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to accept You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.