Wednesday, December 7, 2016

One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys.

Proverbs 18

One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys. v9

I've previously posted on being lazy, and this brings to mind how we are to live not for the selfish pleasures of today and for ourselves but for the glory of God and for the eternal.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1

We should be examining our idle time to determine how we can rather be in action doing something for the glory of God.  Yes, we can rest and have fun in our lives but we should also challenge ourselves here. 

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12
 
See also posts on eternal focus, etc. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  You are so full of grace, compassion, mercy, patience, etc.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am lazy and often focus on my selfish desires...please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help focus on serving and glorifying You vs myself!  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and to have them love and accept You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.