Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart.

Proverbs 21

A person may think their own ways are right, but the Lord weighs the heart. v2

In the midst of sin, we often find ways to rationalize our actions.  Yet God knows our hearts and there is no justification for sin.  God also knows that once hardened, our hearts become slaves to sin.


When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15
 
God helps us with our temptation and frees us from being slave to sin - see also this post.  This same freedom also enables us to better carry our God's will for our lives.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  You nailed my sin to the cross and give me life - life to the full!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I am lazy and I neglect my relationship with You.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Protect me from temptation and strengthen me.  Strengthen Lisa.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus - I pray that they choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.