Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Do not fret because of evildoers or be envious of the wicked, for the evildoer has no future hope, and the lamp of the wicked will be snuffed out.

Proverbs 24

Do not fret because of evildoers or be envious of the wicked, for the evildoer has no future hope, and the lamp of the wicked will be snuffed out. v19-20

I often look at the world has to offer and I long for and desire what others have - a better job than me, more money, etc.   Yet when I do this, I fail to recognize how God HAS blessed me and that I have a God who loves me more than I can ever comprehend and recognize.


Return to the Lord your God,
    for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
    and he relents from sending calamity. Joel 2:13

This morning when I feel stressed about work, this verse provides a measure of comfort:


For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5
 
God is great and He will never leave or forsake me.
 
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5”
 
Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God that has blessed me beyond what I deserve and You will never leave or forsake me - thank You Jesus as I am not worth such love and blessings!  I need You desperately to cleanse me of my sins - for my lack of being content and for my envy of others.  Please forgive me!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family and serve You and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.