Wednesday, January 18, 2017

If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable.

Proverbs 27

If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable. v9

This morning the key theme, is to seek wisdom from God alone.  In my view, inability to be "coachable" is either a sign that you lack confidence or that you are arrogant. I see it in my own son how he demonstrates a willingness to learn but often lacks the confidence that he will be able to.  Alternatively, I see in other people (and in myself from time to time) arrogance - which is resistance to instruction and wisdom when we feel we don't need it.  Of course, hogwash on this last item as we all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).  

God gives us confidence because we KNOW he loves us despite who we are.  He will meet us exactly where we are...in love.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

God also wants us to be humble - we all must acknowledge our need for God and not be proud.

My Prayer; Lord Jesus, You are a great God who loves me exactly where I am - broken and all.  Thank You Jesus for being my firm foundation who never leaves me nor forsakes me and who never changes.  You will always love me!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God.  I am impatient with others and harsh with my thoughts and actions.  Please forgive me and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength and wisdom.  Give Lisa strength and wisdom.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and have them choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family and serve You and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.