Sunday, January 22, 2017

The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Proverbs 29

The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern. v7

Today was Missions Sunday at church. God commands us to "go and make disciples of all nations" (Matthew 28), and to care for the poor both through service and giving.

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. 8 Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs. Deuteronomy 15:7-8

My Prayer: Lord, You provide generously for all things - not just physical needs but emotional needs, spiritual needs, etc.  You encourage and You heal.  You are a great God and apart from You I can do nothing.  Thank You Jesus for how You bless beyond what I deserve. I am lazy and I often fail to serve You when I have ample opportunity to do so.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others - especially the poor - as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus so that they choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me lead and serve my family, You, the church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.