Friday, January 27, 2017

Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

Proverbs 30

Two things I ask of you, Lorddo not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God. v7-9

These are great requests of God:
1. Protection from Satan
2. Physical, emotional, and spiritual provision


Similar to the story of Gideon, God wants it to be clear that He alone provides.

The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, ‘My own strength has saved me.’ Judges 7:2

Jesus makes this clear also:

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

I should not worry as God provides - for all things at all times (See also Colossians 1:16-17)

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who DOES provide for all things all of the time.  I know this because I have never been in want.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such blessings because I worry - please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me trust in You and You alone.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects of chemo.  Help me point Zach and Dustin to You Jesus so that they choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.