Thursday, January 5, 2017

Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. v4-5

Proverbs 23

Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. v4-5

Last night I had a very similar conversation with Zach - that we often focus more on the here and now, including our own comfort and desires vs those of God. 

We must remember that we exist to glorify God, and that we are citizens of heaven.

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You loved me before I loved You, and You showed me love so that I could be love to others and bring others to You.  Thank You for being my God.  I hope that I am pleasing to You in some way.  I know I can be more of the man You intend for me.  I fall down and sin.  Please forgive me as I often focus too much on myself.  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects of chemo. Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and that they choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me lead and serve my family and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.