Thursday, January 26, 2017

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Proverbs 30

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. v5-6

In my view, is important to understand both what God is saying in an absolute sense (head) and what God is saying to you individually (heart).  The other factor is that understanding comes from God alone - we must all recognize this.  

In terms of head vs heart, you want to have both because you don't want to just understand the Bible as words on a page but as the divine word of God - see also John 1:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Of course You also want to understand what God is saying to you, into the circumstances of Your life so that You can understand and obey God's will for your life. See also Romans 12:2.

God's Word is indeed flawless:
- Psalm 12 
- Psalm 119 
- Luke 1:37 

We must take the time to study what God is saying and what God is saying to us.  We must also not twist God's words to our own benefit.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed God and You are flawless as is Your Word.  Your Word and Your Son are a tremendous blessing and gift - the greatest gift of all time.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a gift and blessing.  I am broken and my sin continues - I am harsh and critical of others and not often full of grace.  Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do and help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me point Zach and Dustin to You and have them choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.