Thursday, January 12, 2017

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.

Proverbs 25

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone. v15

God wants us to be slow to anger and quick to listen, and to use our words wisely - to encourage others and not to tear others down.

People are to see and experience Jesus in us (and Jesus was rarely overtly angry) - and we are to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice to God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who IS quick to listen, slow to anger, and abounding in love...how awesome are You! Thank You Jesus for the patience You demonstrate to me.  I am not worth such love and blessings.  I am too often harsh and impatient with others.  Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus so that they choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me lead and serve my family and serve You and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.