Monday, April 24, 2017

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

2 John 1

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. v6

Love means action - not just words.  In all relationships, including marriage, and even with those whom you know "loosely".  Just because we may not share the same close bond with others as you may a spouse, a family member, or even a close friend, that does not mean we should not love - with action.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. James 1:22-24 

I am compelled to be in action to demonstrate that I love others as God loves me.  Help me be who the man You intend me to be.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and I have seen You in others as they have serve myself and Lisa.  Thank You Jesus!  I know You love me and You want me to love others as You love me.  Yet I often do not.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome this sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.