Monday, April 10, 2017

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.

1 John 2

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. v9

Hate implies anger and other emotions that harden our heart.  Any hardening of our hearts prevents us from loving God and loving others - the two most important commandments in the Bible.

As I posted Saturday, we are to live as Jesus did so that others can see Jesus in us and we can draw others to Him.  Bottom line, we exist to glorify Him and for His purpose.

They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor. Isaiah 60:21

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You are love - everything You are and all that You do is out of love...perfect love, perfect justice...yet You chose me, knowing everything about me, then suffered and died for me so that I can find freedom from the sting of sin and death and eternity in Heaven with You.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such love....I am lazy, selfish, and I worry.  Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.