Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I the Lord do not change.

Malachi 3

I the Lord do not change. v6

God is perfect in all ways, He loves, and He always keeps His promises.  When we see change (some good, some bad) all around us, we should be comforted by knowing that we have a God who is the First and the Last, will always love us and is faithful.  This cannot be said of people. Nor can this be said of things. 

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes. Psalm 118:8-9

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. 1 John 2:17-19
 
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:19-20

Our faith and trust should rest in the firm foundation of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed my firm foundation and I know that You will never change and I can rest on You.  Thank You Jesus!  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such a God.  I worry...too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.