Friday, April 28, 2017

Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.

1 Peter 1

Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. v17

God is just...and His justice is perfect.

He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity. Psalm 9:8
 
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Luke 8:17
 
"For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." Matthew 16:27
 
As such, we should live our time on earth with reverent fear.  We are not citizens of earth so we should respect the host - our God the Father.  And we should respect our God the Father because our bodies are not our own...we live for the glory of God.  We have a God who is perfect in all ways, is all powerful, and all knowing.  He is Lord of Lords and He reigns over all.  He demands our love and is worthy of it.  He knows everything about us yet chose to adopt us, and suffer and die for us.  
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, no doubt You are a great God worthy of my praise, worship, love, and obedience.  Thank You for being my God.  You have done everything for me yet I know I am undeserving.  I am selfish, lazy, and I worry.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.