Monday, April 3, 2017

Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle.

Zechariah 14

Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. v3

In "this world", as believers we are surrounded by sinful influences, and at times it can be overwhelming.  In chapter 14, Zechariah prophesizes about challenging times indeed. Yet, we don't need to worry because God will fight for us and He will give us victory...in this life or in Heaven.

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14


You are my King and my God, who decrees victories for Jacob. Through you we push back our enemies; through your name we trample our foes.  I put no trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever. Psalm 45:4-8
 
But the Lord is righteous; he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked. Psalm 129:4
 
My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God indeed.  You protect me from my Satan and give me victory over sin and death - what a great God You are!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such a God.  I continue to sin...worry, impatience, envy, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and savior. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.