Wednesday, March 25, 2020

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Portions of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”  John 13:34-35

Day 58 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on directives from God through Moses for various civil matters, personal rights and responsibilities - with a focus on fair and honest dealings.

Just as God wanted the Israelites to live in peace among each other as they entered the Promised Land, He wants us to live in peace among ourselves today.  As believers we are to love God and then love others as God loves us.  It is through our lives that we become "living sacrifices" (Romans 12:1) - God then lives through us and we can be a light to others.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has placed people in my life that love and forgive me as You do - thank You Jesus for Your grace, including Your grace through others.  I am grateful but undeserving.  I sin...and often harsh with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.