Saturday, March 7, 2020

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go up this mountain in the Abarim Range and see the land I have given the Israelites. After you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaron was, for when the community rebelled at the waters in the Desert of Zin, both of you disobeyed my command to honor me as holy before their eyes.”

Numbers 27,32-35, Deuteronomy 4:41-43

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go up this mountain in the Abarim Range and see the land I have given the Israelites. After you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as your brother Aaron was, for when the community rebelled at the waters in the Desert of Zin, both of you disobeyed my command to honor me as holy before their eyes.” Numbers 27:12-14

Day 44 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) focuses on the selection of Joshua by the Lord to succeed Moses as leader of Israel, and in preparation for battle to secure and settle in the Promised Land, God orders complete destruction of the inhabitants of the land.  He also gives detailed instructions regarding the borders of the land, as well as assignment of leaders by tribe to assist in the allocation of the land.

Prominent in today's scripture are the consequences of sin experienced by Moses who has otherwise been a faithful servant of God.  God may forgive our sin but this does not mean we get to avoid the consequences of sin - of course this is in God's hands as He is Judge and His justice is perfect.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and whose justice is perfect - I am grateful for how You have exercised compassion and mercy in my life and grateful as well for the discipline I've received as well - Your justice is perfect.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God - Abba - as You.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.