Thursday, March 19, 2020

"Even if someone is not redeemed in any of these ways, they and their children are to be released in the Year of Jubilee, for the Israelites belong to me as servants. They are my servants, whom I brought out of Egypt. I am the Lord your God."

Exodus 23:10-11-Leviticus 21-22, 25

"Even if someone is not redeemed in any of these ways, they and their children are to be released in the Year of Jubilee, for the Israelites belong to me as servants. They are my servants, whom I brought out of Egypt. I am the Lord your God." Leviticus 25:54-55

Day 53 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues to focus on Moses Laws, including laws for the priests, Sabbath for the land, and a Year of Jubilee (every 50 years) - during the Year of Jubilee, there is a redemption of servants.

My commentary* indicates that the redemption of servants during the Year of Jubilee represents "both a nobly humanitarian provision and a foretaste of even greater spiritual redemption in the era of the Messiah".

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) . Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition.  

While it is important to read the entirety of the Bible, including the OT laws given to Moses through God, we must recognize that through Christ we have redemption, which implies Christian freedom - and John Piper provides many posts about what this means, including this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has provided freedom from slavery to sin - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a redemption - I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.