Thursday, June 11, 2020

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

Various Proverbs

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. Proverbs 15:22

Day 136 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with a study of the Proverbs - primarily of Solomon, but including the Proverbs of other authors as well. This morning my focus includes proverbs that provide advice and rebuke, describe the value of advisers, discipline, lawkeeping, and repentance, contrast a life of righteousness vs wickedness, contrast integrity vs perversion, and describe appropriate consequences for righteousness vs wickedness.

I have often posted about the value and power of unity and togetherness. I am co-leading a study from AuthenticManhood.com called "33 The Series: A Man and His Design" (available through RightNowMedia.org) and straight away we encounter a strong recommendation to team up with other Godly men.  We will not lead the life God intends for us without the company of other believers who will encourage, challenge, and at times rebuke us.  John Piper of course has thoughts on this topic - I thought this morning he would ; )

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has provided other great men in my life to strengthen and protect me in my walk with You.  I am grateful for such love but undeserving.  My sin continues...please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.