Thursday, June 25, 2020

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.

Ecclesiastes - Various, 1 Kings 11:41-43, and 2 Chronicles 9:29-31 

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Day 150 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) wraps up my study of Ecclesiastes. This morning my focus is on life's true meaning (purpose and balance in life, advice to young people, and where life finds its meaning) and a review of the end of Solomon's reign and his death.

Solomon's parting words in Ecclesiastes, which are the "conclusion" of his search for the meaning of life, are in my view the most important of the whole book.  We all sin and need a Savior, and Jesus Christ is our Savior; let us submit to and live for Him based on His forgiveness of our sin and salvation. God will call of us and all of our deeds into judgement - in light of that we must live in fear of Him.  This should serve as a preservative against temptation and sin.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has helped me better protect myself from sin - thank You Jesus.  I know there is more work to do, but I am grateful for how You bless me.  I am not deserving.  I worry and have other sin.  Please forgive me for my sin and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as Your love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.