Friday, September 9, 2022

Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.

Proverbs 25-29

Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly. Proverbs 26:11

I continue my study of Proverbs week 9 from my study workbook, which focuses on Proverbs 25-29.  My focus for today is questions 5-7 from my workbook, which cover (1) how the lack of self-control leads people into the hands of Satan (Proverbs 25:28, Galatians 5:16-24); (2) how believers can recognize and respond to a fool (Proverbs 25:28-26:12, 2 Peter 2:2); and (3) warnings about being a sluggard (Proverbs 26:13-16).  The themes and teachings of question (2) and (3) for today are particularly striking this morning for me as the workbook emphasizes how we are to learn and grow in our journey with Christ and how being "wise in own eyes" stymies learning and growth.  We must remain humble to avoid such traps and to grow and mature in our relationship with Christ. Key to this growth and maturity is to draw (and stay) near to God.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You provide Your Word, my brothers and sisters in Christ, the church, and the Holy Spirit, all as means to help me grow and mature in my journey with You...thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You provide such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.