Thursday, September 22, 2022

[Mak]e the best use of the time, because the days are evil....mak[e] the best use of the time.

Proverbs 31:10-31

[Mak]e the best use of the time, because the days are evil....mak[e] the best use of the time. Ephesians 5:16, Colossians 4:5

I continue my study of Proverbs with week 11 from my study workbook, which focuses on Proverbs 31:10-31.  My focus for today includes questions #1-2 in the workbook, which describe (1) how a wife can be trusted (Proverbs 31:11), and (2) how a wife works long hard days (Proverbs 31:15, 18, Ephesians 5:15-15, Colossians 4:5). These questions, of course, have relevance for not just wives and women, but for all believers. Of these two questions, this morning I am challenged (also from a message this morning from Pastor Jared during men's wake up call) to make the "best use of my time" so that I can build up spiritual disciplines.  I am encouraged to more closely examine how I use my time so that I make the best use of my time. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father, I know You are always at work in my life - thank You Jesus!  I am blessed by how You orchestrate the details of my life.  I am undeserving of how You do this - I know You love me and You saved me - there is nothing I did or can ever do to deserve this.  You are so full of grace.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.