Wednesday, September 21, 2022

She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

Proverbs 31:10-31

She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26

I continue my study of Proverbs with week 11 from my study workbook, which focuses on Proverbs 31:10-31.  My focus for today includes the introduction to this weeks lesson from the workbook, which points how the text describes "an alphabet of womanly excellence," and that "the woman's marital status is not the primary emphasis[,]" but instead that the woman in this chapter "is a portrait of feminine wisdom.  She embodies in all areas of life the full character of wisdom commended in Proverbs."  We are encouraged as well to see the "the big picture" from my workbook, which states that "true wisdom is not just for men but for all God's people." As I have struggled with anger and harsh words for much of my life, I am blessed to have a wife Lisa who, like the woman from the extent is the epitome of wisdom and kindness. Thank You God for the blessing of Lisa!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who blessed me with a wife who loves the Lord, and is full of wisdom and kindness.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You bless me.  I am often angry and harsh - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.