Friday, September 30, 2022

[M]y steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54-57

[M]y steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

After a more than 3 month delay, where I focused on my study of Proverbs, I resume my  deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  My study of Isaiah begins with day 1 (of 5) of week 20, which looks at Isaiah 54-57.  Day 1 focuses on Isaiah 54 which, starting with chapter 49 through early chapter 56, based on my previous studies and other resources such as OverviewBible.com, points to Jesus as the promised Savior and Messiah for the Jews and all nations.  The words in chapter 54 provide great comfort and hope for the afflicted nation of Israel.  Of course, such a message is timeless and directed towards all believers, particularly those in need of hope and encouragement.  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is full of compassion and love for me - thank You Jesus!  Thank You for never leaving or forsaking me - I am not deserving of such a God.  My sin is great and it continues daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.