Saturday, October 1, 2022

“And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord, to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord, and to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it, and holds fast my covenant—these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.” The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, declares, “I will gather yet others to him besides those already gathered.”

Isaiah 54-57

“And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord, to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord, and to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it, and holds fast my covenant—these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.” The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, declares, “I will gather yet others to him besides those already gathered.” Isaiah 56:6-8

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  My study of Isaiah begins with day 2 (of 5) of week 20, which looks at Isaiah 54-57.  Day 2 focuses on Isaiah 55-56.  Isaiah 55 describes God's great compassion, as both the wicked and unrighteous are offered forgiveness if they repent and turn towards the Lord (Isaiah 55:7). Isaiah 55 also describes a more fertile land vs previous descriptions Isaiah as desolate (Isaiah 55:13). Isaiah 56 describes how God offers the riches of His inheritance towards not just the remnant of Israel, but also foreigners (Isaiah 56:3-8). Of course, this is a foretaste of the Great Commission, where Jesus commands the disciples to go out into the world - all of it - to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, and to make disciples (Matthew 28:19-20).

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who offers Himself, freely, to anyone who accepts You as His Lord and Savior.  Thank You for the salvation You gave me - I am not deserving of course.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.