Wednesday, October 26, 2022

[God] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3

[God] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6-7

I maintain a pause of my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series, to continue my study of Ephesians for 3 days per week as I participate in a Discipleship (D) Group that is part of my church. For my study this morning (Day 3), I remain in Ephesians 3 - with a specific focus on v14-21. As I did yesterday, I lean on DesiringGod.com Lab videos on Ephesian 3. Specifically, for this morning I watched this video from the series as John Piper describes, using the text, how Paul prays for believers (Jews and Gentiles alike) to be strengthened such that they might comprehend and grasp the breadth, height, depth, length of Christ's love, and be filled with the fullness of God.  Piper shares how this is a huge prayer as God's love and His fullness know no bounds, so to more fully comprehend these things God must provide us with supernatural powers (which He can do via the Holy Spirit).  Piper goes as far to share how such a prayer requires a miracle - which again God can do! Of course, we should understand that believers exist to glorify God so we should certainly pray this for ourselves as well as all believers!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who gives me Your Word and the Holy Spirit so that I can more fully understand Your love and Your fullness - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings. My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.