Monday, October 24, 2022

[God] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3

[God] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6-7

I pause my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series, to come back to my study of Ephesians for 3 days per week as I participate in a Discipleship (D) Group that is part of my church. This week, we move to Ephesians 3 - with a specific focus on v1-7. As I read the entire chapter this morning, my first thought from v1-7 is how Paul emphasizes how God blesses him - Paul's humility is striking as Paul emphasizes how none of how God blessed him was of his own doing:

  • grace given to him for Ephesus and Gentiles -v2, 7
  • mystery of Christ revealed to him v4-6
  • how Paul was made a minister of the gospel v7

A second thing that strikes me this morning is how Paul reminds us that he is in prison on behalf of the Gentiles - v1 - and how ironic this is.  Paul was of course killing Christians (the Jews who believed and were converted), and God redeems Paul for his sin and uses Paul to expand the gospel beyond the Jews - the very group Paul was seeking to keep pure!  In our earthly bodies we may not fully appreciate God's plans for our lives but we can be certain that God is able to take broken sinful people (that He created by the way) and use Him for His purpose. God's plans was to take His message - the Good News of Jesus Christ - to all the nations, and Paul was an instrumental vessel to deliver this message. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lordn Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is able to redeem all of my life and use it for Your glory - incredible!  Thank You Jesus for the blessing of redemption, salvation, sanctification, justification, election, glorification, etc. I am not deserving of these blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.