Friday, October 28, 2022

You shall see, and your heart shall rejoice; your bones shall flourish like the grass; and the hand of the Lord shall be known to his servants, and he shall show his indignation against his enemies.

Isaiah 64-66

You shall see, and your heart shall rejoice; your bones shall flourish like the grass; and the hand of the Lord shall be known to his servants, and he shall show his indignation against his enemies. Isaiah 66:14

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  My study of Isaiah moves on to day 4 (of 5) of week 23, which will bring my study of Isaiah to a close as it covers Isaiah 64-66.  Day 4 focuses on Isaiah 66, where once again, we see contrasting outcomes for those who practice empty sacrificial rituals and do not truly seek and love God (v3-4, 15-17, 24), vs those who are contrite in heart and humble - fearing and seeking God and loving Him (v2, 10-14).  We see a messianic prophecy and of the final days, and how God's kingdom extends beyond Jerusalem to all nations to include Jews and Gentiles alike.  The outcome of course for those who forsake God is sobering indeed (v24), but believers rejoice in the hope we have in Christ! 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me - I am not deserving of my salvation but You saved me anyway...thank You Jesus for the hope You give me.  Yet my sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.